Enhance the beauty of your outdoor
spaces by an excellent dense green Betel vine plant.
|1||Piper Betel, Maghai Paan – Plant|
|2||4-5 inch (10 cm) Plastic Pot|
Piper betel is a Woody climber in Piperaceae family with adventitious roots at swollen nodes.Leaves are simple heart shaped, alternate with spicy taste.Inflorescence is axillary with white uni sexual flower.
Planting And Care
- Place your plant in a place that receives at least 5 to 6 hours of sunlight daily.
- It thrives well in a hot and humid environment in partial shade.
- The betel plant needs regular watering. Water only when the soil feels dry to touch.
- Loosen the soil without damaging the roots. It will help the plant to uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- Prune regularly after it reaches 2 m height to control the plant, regular pruning, and plucking of leaves encourages new growth and sweet and tender leaves.
- Occasional feeding every couple of months in the growing season of the plant with a nitrogen-rich organic fertilizer like manure or compost is recommended.
Piper Betel Care
- Keep the plant in natural indirect bright Light.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2inches) feels dry to touch.
- Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.